Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Jackpot!

Last week one of my furniture buddies informed me that he had hit the jackpot. He was tipped off about a hotel near Battle Creek that was trying to get rid of all of their furnite (for free) so that they could move forward with their remodeling.

Unfortunately, for Chairity's sake, I am not at a place where I can store a lot of furniture...so I was unable to go along and help load up the goods. I was, however, happy to hear that my friend was going to be able to inherit all of this furniture and benefit from the sales!

This buddy of mine was kind enough to sell me this desk that he picked up from the hotel for a very low price. I am so bummed that I didn't get the original "before" picture. It used to have a reddish top that looked almost like plastic. I sanded and painted, and sanded and painted, and then painted a little more....and this is what I came up with. I also ended up staining the wooden legs:)



I bet that if Justin Bieber saw this desk, he would want to be my "boyfriend". Just thought I'd throw that in there;)

I'm one piece of furniture closer to my goal in helping Wings of Hope Hospice!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! JB would luuuuv that desk! How cool is it that you have furniture buddies??!!

    ReplyDelete