Tuesday, June 12, 2012

We've hit the BENCHmark:)

As a teacher, I am always setting new goals to ensure that my students make their reading and math BENCHmarks.  It only seems appropriate to say that I think I've hit the furniture BENCHmark tonight!

Earlier this evening, I happened to drive by a garage sale and I found this bench listed as $15. After a little bartering and some "small talk" I was able to drive away with it for just $5. Booyah!! (As my husband would say:) )


Before a little "Chair"-ity TLC, this is what it looked like:


I think the final outcome turned out well....the fabric is a little wilder than I'm used to, but I thought I'd live on the edge a little and go with some brighter accent colors. Honestly, I'm just so thankful that it only cost me $5 because in the end, I will be able to donate more money from my profit toward Wings of Hope Hospice!

Here is the final outcome. It looks cute in my house, but it would probably look cute in yours too! If you are interested in this piece, feel free to email me at kristenpenni@gmail.com or post me a message!




 

I know it doesn't seem like much, but in just one week, I've progressed 11% toward my donation goal to Wings of Hope! Your kind words have continued to motivate me. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment